2014 May Minutes

Blackness Area Community Council

Minutes of Committee Meeting 06 May 2014

 

Attendees

Council Members: Jonathan Avery Nick Paul

Sharman Faulds Merv Archibald

 

PCs Iain Kyle and Erin Band, Martin Knott, Helena Paul, Nan Wylie and Alan Faulds were also present.

 

Apologies Dave Lawson Martin Watt

Jim Slavin Cllr Ann Ritchie

 

M Archibald opened the meeting at 7.00pm by welcoming all those attending.

 

Approval of Previous Minutes

Proposed by J Avery and seconded by N Paul.

 

Actions from Previous Minutes

  • Land at the church, which may assist the wish for a village car park. Carriden Church officers are meeting with the farmer.

  • Blackness Primary School liaison – dependent on choosing a date for JMW village family fun day.

  • Football for youngsters.

  • Agreed the day for BACC routine monthly meetings will be changed to 2nd Wednesday of the month, starting after the July and August summer recess, so first meeting on the new day of the month will be on Wednesday 10 September. June’s meeting will remain as 1st Tuesday of the month, that is 3 June.

 

Community Police Report

  • PACT update. No PACT priorities in Blackness area currently.

  • News. No crime reported in our area last month. PC Kyle contacted Falkirk Council re vandalism to The Strip and is awaiting update re any assistance they can provide. N Wylie confirmed it was the Council’s responsibility and PC Kyle will continue to chase.

 

Future Events/Fundraising

  • Blackness is Beautiful. H Paul noted a funding application had been submitted to Falkirk Environmental Trust (FET) for the next projects, including more planters and painting the toilets was successful. H Paul is progressing with FET on various matters.

  • John Muir Way (JMW).

    • Given the delayed start to our section of the JMW, it was proposed that a torchlit procession be organised, subject to agreement with Carriden Church officers and the school, for Saturday 27 September.

    • Falkirk Council may be organising an event to celebrate the completion of the Blackness to Bo’ness section in June.

    • N Paul noted the Commonwealth Games baton would be in Blackness on 24 June.

  • New web site. J Avery tabled copies of a link for the web site to all present and asked for feedback on their experience of the web site, to assist in refining it.

 

 

Budget Update

  • Budget update for this month to follow later.

  • D Lawson and N Paul to discuss BACC insurance and then check cost with Falkirk Council, including any special insurance cost of Fun Day/Torchlit Procession.

  • All to advise M Archibald of items to be included in a list of possible projects for BACC funding, to help focus attention on and enthusiasm for, future local projects. M Archibald will ask Jill Granger to do something similar for the Christmas Fair funds.

 

Councillor’s update

  • None.

 

Planning Update

  • DART Energy planning inquiry – to be re-opened for a few days to consider relevant new government policies once published.

  • P/14/0127/FUL application for extension to 9 Mannerston Holdings – approved.

 

Any Other Business

  • M Archibald is awaiting information on silting in the Forth from Marine Scotland.

  • Newsletter to be issued to highlight: Commonwealth Baton in Blackness on 24 June, preferred location of bike racks in the village and change of BACC monthly meeting date to 2nd Wednesday of the month.

  • M Knott noted a barrier is in the process of being constructed at West Terrace.

  • M Knott noted the 6.44 and 7.43 bus services to Edinburgh have been cancelled.

  • H Paul has reported 2 damaged signs at the bottom of Mannerston Brae.

  • N Wylie and H Paul will liaise on planting troughs in the village.

 

Next meeting to be held on Tuesday 3 June 2014 at 7.00pm.

 

 

M Archibald thanked everyone for attending and closed the meeting at 8.30pm